An article featured on SeoVigyan discusses the Top 10 SEO Tips for sites that have been affected by Google Panda & Google Penguin.
It is really back to basics – I am no SEO expert but I do plan to try to apply all these tips below to see if they shall help make our sites better and more SEO friendly.
- Make your Title and META tags short and relevant to the web page.
- Think about your visitors (not search engine robots) while you writing content for your website. Be relevant and be natural; don’t do keyword stuffing. Also, copy and paste tricks will also not work. So, please use your own content and if you are using content from other website; then give proper courtesy to the link / writer / blogger.
- Use proper Heading Tags to emphasis your target keywords.
- Cut down your code i.e. check your current load time and see what you can see to do to make your website run fast on browsers.
- Integrate Social media into your SEO to get the best search engine results. Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook are the two social media sites which can in anyway benefit you in getting natural back links as well.
- Use Google Analytics to track, set goals and analyze your traffic. It’s free and much more powerful than any other Analytical tool available on web. With G analytics, you can get all required information on your traffic that will help you achieve your SEO goals. And always check bounce rate; that’s really important to always check why your visitors bounce from your site. And if you have bounce rate problem, then you can check this free tips to reduce your bounce rate.
- Get started with the Google Webmaster Tools to get more information for your website status and presence on Google. You just need to add an XML sitemap and very your website. This tool is really a great help to an SEO or a webmaster to analyze the crawl rate, Search queries, URL errors, backlinks and set the target users through Geographic target option available in the GWT Settings.
- Apply Natural link building strategyto your SEO campaign. Check proper relevancy, authority and reputation to whom you are linking. There are various methods to obtain natural backlinks. Some of them are –
- sharing your important links on social media sites like FB, Twitter, Google Plus, etc.
- posting your thoughts on forums with the source link or offered signature links.
- blogging about your products / services in your official blog or on blogger, wordpress etc.
- guest blogging can also help you get a good web popularity.
- Use Paid SEO Tools like SEOmoz and RavenTools to cut down your value time on analyzing important SEO factors on your website, researching backlinks and tracking your keyword rankings weekly / monthly.
- Always track your competitors – what they doing, their strategy and their link popularity. Keep an eye on the websites’ which ranks on top positioning and try to be on each link they are in.
So what are your Top SEO tips? What has been working for you?